Para ver esta página en español, haz clic aquí.
- Give Miami Day will take place Thursday, November 15, 2018. Only gifts made on givemiamiday.org during the 24-hour online giving period (12:00 a.m. on November 15, 2018 – 12:00 a.m. on November 16, 2018) are considered eligible gifts for the event, as well as for Bonus Pool, Prize Pool and Match Minute dollars.
- Gifts can only be made using a debit, credit or qualified gift card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express gift card) or through a donor advised fund at The Miami Foundation. Only Fundholders with funds established before Give Miami Day are eligible to give through their Fund. Gifts cannot be made via check, cash, money order or PayPal.
- All gifts, including any fees the donor chooses to cover, are tax deductible and will be for unrestricted use of the designated organization. Gifts may not be used to pay for anything that might be perceived as a material benefit to the donor or Fundholder, including tickets to events, membership fees or other gifts.
- If a selected organization manages a donor advised fund program, gifts made during Give Miami Day cannot be directed into an individual donor's account within said organization.
- Receipts will be automatically sent from [email protected] upon a successful gift transaction. Only receipts sent from The Miami Foundation can be used for tax purposes.
- The minimum gift accepted is $25. There is no maximum gift amount or maximum gift per organization. Donors are encouraged to make gifts to multiple organizations of their choice and can do so through a multi-give option on the homepage of givemiamiday.org.
- If a gift is made in error, the donor must contact The Miami Foundation immediately at 305.371.2711 to make the adjustment. After Friday, November 16, 2018 at 4 p.m., all gifts made to selected organizations are considered final and non-refundable unless otherwise directed by the merchant processing company.
- All gifts will be paid to the selected organizations net credit card and transaction fees, which are paid directly to credit card merchants and Kimbia, The Miami Foundation’s giving day technology partner. At the time of giving, donors may choose to cover the credit card and transaction fees for their gift, which are estimated at 4.5%. The Miami Foundation, which administers Give Miami Day, supports this giving event as a community service and charges fees for participation.
- Each organization will receive the total amount raised for their organization, including bonus dollars and any prizes or match minutes awarded, via ACH transfer by December 31, 2018.
- All gifts between $25 and $10,000 will be eligible for a bonus gift from the Bonus Pool. For gifts greater than $10,000, the first $10,000 will be considered for a bonus gift.
- The bonus gift percentage will be calculated by dividing the total Bonus Pool dollars by the total eligible gifts raised during the event. For example, in 2017, the bonus gift percentage was 6.28%. If an organization raised $5,000 on Give Miami Day 2017, their bonus gift was $314.
- Only the original donation amount will be considered for Bonus Pool dollars. Any optional fee coverage will not receive Bonus Pool funds.
- The Miami Foundation determines the Bonus Pool percentage at the conclusion of Give Miami Day. After careful review of every gift made on Give Miami Day, an announcement will be made to participating organizations via email by December 31st.
- The full Give Miami Day prize list will be published in advance of the event on givemiamiday.org. Prizes may be awarded based on timing of gifts received, number of unique gifts or other criteria as specified during the 24-hour period.
- A “unique gift” is defined as one gift to one organization from one donor. Multiple gifts made by the same donor to the same organization will not be counted toward these prizes.
- An organization is only eligible to win one prize. Organizations will be awarded the first prize they receive.
Match Minutes Pool
- The full Give Miami Day Match Minute pool will be published in advance of the event on givemiamiday.org. Pool dollars will be awarded to gifts received during the specified minutes.
- Each Match Minute has a pool of $15,000. Once that pool is exhausted the matching opportunity is over.
- Match Minute dollars are distributed on a first come, first served basis, according to the corresponding time stamp on the gift transaction.
- Only gifts between $25 and $100 will be eligible for Match Minute pool funds. Gifts above $100 will receive a match for the first $100.
- Gifts made during Match Minutes are also eligible for funds from the Bonus Pool.
For sponsorship inquiries:
Vice President Strategy and Engagement
For media inquiries:
Senior Director of Communications