- To be eligible to participate in Give Miami Day, organizations must:
-- Provide programs and/or services in Miami-Dade County
-- Be qualified under the IRS 501(c)(3) code as a public charity or have a pre-approved philanthropic Fund at The Miami Foundation. Private Foundations may not participate.
-- Have a Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Solicitation Certificate valid through November 17, 2016
- Eligible organizations must have a profile on Nonprofit Central.
- The Miami Foundation will have final editorial approval of all profiles submitted.
- Give Miami Day will take place Thursday, November 17, 2016. Only gifts made on givemiamiday.org during the 24-hour online giving period (12:00 a.m. on November 17, 2016 – 12:00 a.m. on November 18, 2016) are considered eligible gifts for the day as well as for Bonus Pool, Prize Pool and Match Minute dollars.
- Gifts can only be made using a debit, credit or qualified gift card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express) or through a donor advised fund at The Miami Foundation. Only Fundholders with funds established prior to Give Miami Day are eligible to give through their Fund. Gifts cannot be made via check, cash, money order or PayPal.
- All gifts, including any fees the donor opts to cover, are tax deductible and will be for the unrestricted use of your selected organization. Gifts may not be used to pay for anything that might be perceived as a material benefit to the donor or Fundholder – including tickets to events, membership fees or other gifts. If a selected organization manages a donor advised fund program, gifts made during Give Miami Day cannot be directed into an individual donor's account within said organization.
- Receipts will be automatically sent from [email protected] upon a successful gift transaction. Only receipts sent from The Miami Foundation can be used for tax purposes.
- $25 is the minimum gift accepted. There is no maximum gift amount or maximum gift per organization. Donors are encouraged to make gifts to multiple organizations of their choice and can do so through a multi-give option on the homepage of givemiamiday.org.
- If a gift is made in error, the donor must contact The Miami Foundation immediately at 305.371.2711 to make the adjustment. After Friday, November 18, 2016 at 4:00 p.m., all gifts made to selected organizations are final and non-refundable unless directed by the merchant processing company.
- All gifts will be paid to the selected organizations net of credit card and transaction fees paid directly to credit card merchants and Kimbia, The Miami Foundation’s give day partner. At the time of giving, donors may opt to cover the credit card and transaction fees for their gift, which are estimated at 4.5%. The Miami Foundation, which administers Give Miami Day, supports this giving event as a community service at no additional charge.
- Each organization will receive the total amount raised for their organization, including bonus dollars and any prizes or match minutes awarded, by year end via ACH transfer.
- Gifts between $25 and $10,000 will be eligible for a bonus gift from the Bonus Pool. For gifts greater than $10,000, the first $10,000 will be considered for a bonus gift.
- The bonus gift percentage will be calculated by dividing the total Bonus Pool dollars by the total eligible gifts raised during the event. For example, in 2015, the bonus gift percentage was 8.29%. If an organization raised $5,000 on Give Miami Day 2015, their bonus gift was $414.50.
- Only the original donation amount will be considered for Bonus Pool dollars. Any optional fee coverage will not receive Bonus Pool funds.
- The Miami Foundation will determine the bonus gift percentage upon review of every gift made on Give Miami Day. An announcement will be made to participating organizations via email.
- The full Give Miami Day prize list will be published in advance of the event on givemiamiday.org. Prizes may be awarded based on timing of gifts received, number of unique gifts or other criteria as specified.
- A “unique gift” is defined as one gift to one organization from one donor. Multiple gifts made by the same donor to the same organization will not be counted toward these prizes.
- An organization is only eligible to win one prize. Organizations will be awarded the first prize they receive.
Match Minutes Pool
- The full Give Miami Day match minute pool will be published in advance of the event on givemiamiday.org. Pool dollars will be awarded to gifts received during the specified minutes.
- Only gifts between $25 and $100 will be eligible for Match Minute pool funds. Gifts above $100 will receive a match for the first $100. Gifts made during Match Minutes are also eligible for funds from the Bonus Pool.
- Gifts made during Match Minutes are also eligible for funds from the Bonus Pool.
For sponsorship inquiries:
Vice President Strategy and Engagement
For media inquiries:
Director of Communications
For nonprofit inquiries:
Want to Give Again?
Enter the name of the nonprofit you want to support below and go directly to their giving page.